Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

The Art of Flirting


Ladies and gentleman of the..internet. Spring has sprung. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the pollen is making me sneeze and people probably think I have swine flu. It's the time of year when backyard cookouts happen, I realize that I haven't been to the gym nearly as much as I should have, and people start finding "summer romance".
While getting myself geared up for the warm weather, I was talking to a friend who asked my why I was still single. Long story short, we ended up discussing how different "dating" has become in our generation. It's awful. Specifically though, we spent a lot of time discussing flirting and how there is a very fine line between being flirtatious and being insulting..teasing vs. being rude.
It's been my experience that many people (boys and girls) consider making fun of the opposite sex as flirting. Wronggg. Picking on someone's possible insecurities to get them to laugh, say "Stop it, hehe" and hit you in the arm.. is not the best way to flirt with someone.. So instead of joking on me for how big my butt is and thinking you are cute..I would much rather you say " I love your smile" (thank you invisalign!)

Not a sermon..just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment