Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Real American Idol






Yes, I admit it. I watch American Idol- although not as religiously as I used to. Please don't hold it against me.




I enjoy watching the crazy comments by Paula, hearing Randy say "dawg" 12 billion times, and Simon-well..being Simon. It's entertainment for all ages. From Paula's outfits and crazy clapping hands, to Simons chest hair and Ryans backhanded compliments to him, it's a great way to unwind at the end of the day and take my mind off all the craziness that surrounds me.

I can't help but think about though how sad it is that our society has become SO incredibly jaded on our definition of an idol.

I did not/ do not intend for this little bloggie to be a serious thingamajig, but if bloging is supposed to be about saying/writing what's on your mind, so be it. I think that the guy at the top of this post, Captain Richard Phillip, is a REAL American Idol. His ship gets hijacked by pirates (side note-who knew there were still pirates in the world..and why can't they all look like Johnny Depp) and Captain Phillip gives himself up as a hostage to the pirates and keeps his crew safe. What. A. Guy. Thankfully, he has been rescued from the pirates, after trying to escape on his own, and is safely on his way back to his family. We should all reevaluate how much time we put into learning about/reading about/modeling ourselves after our IDOLS.
..and I'll step off my soapbox now
Later bloggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment